PTFE Shaft Seals
With over 500 PTFE compounds to choose from and with a unique manufacturing process, our PTFE shaft seals can be tailored specifically to the final application. To cover a broader range of applications, including the Food and Pharmaceutical industries, we have two standard ranges available on short lead times.
Why PTFE Shaft Seals?
PTFE shaft seals are the perfect choice when it comes to sealing applications with demanding operational parameters. Using high performance fillers, our PTFE shaft seals are able to operate in environments that are too severe for elastomer solutions to be considered.
Applications with high peripheral speeds, high pressure, low friction, dry running or with an extended service requirement, are all ideal cases to specify a PTFE solution. Lip geometries can be infinitely varied to precisely match the operational conditions, giving an unrivalled solution without compromise. Seals are generally metal caged for ease of installation although other solutions are available should the application require an alternative approach.
Our PTFE shaft seals can be tailored specifically to the final application. Two standard ranges of PTFE shaft seal are available on short lead times;
- Our HN2390 range covers applications up to 20m/s and pressures up to 10 bar.
- Our HN2580 extends the speed range to 30m/s with a pressure limit of 0.5bar.
Higher pressures and speeds are also possible with custom designs.
Advantages of PTFE Shaft Seals:
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Broad temperature range -60⁰C to +200⁰C
- Suitable for low lube and dry running conditions
- High wear resistance of seal lip
- Special designs for low power losses
- Suitable for high peripheral speeds
- Low stick slip
- FDA approval
Common Applications of PTFE Shaft Seals:
- Rotary compressors
- Dosing systems
How can we help? Browse all types of rotary seals, PTFE Seals or alternatively, if you need to speak to an FTL engineer use our live chat for more details.
What are the benefits of lip seals?
- Extremely durable: Our lip seals are capable of withstanding temperatures of between – 60 Celsius to +200 Celsius, can endure high pressure and are extremely hard-wearing.
- Work well in unlubricated conditions: Lip seals can be utilised in applications that have little to no lubrication and performance won’t be affected.
- Non-sticking: Due to the materials they are made from, our lip seals have an anti-adhesive quality that helps to improve the overall performance of a machine.