Spring Energised Seals
PTFE spring energised seals are single acting sealing elements used for both rotary and reciprocating applications. They can also be used as a static element where the nature of the application precludes the use of elastomer seals. This makes spring energised seals ideally suited to harsh operating conditions.
Each seal consists of a PTFE jacket and metal energising spring. Each element can be designed independently so that the performance of the finished product can be ideally aligned to the final application. Our know-how and experience is a key factor in this process and helps us to differentiate our products from our competitors. To cover the widest possible range of pressures and temperatures, a standard ranges have been developed. These are designed to fit standard groove size although special versions are available on request.
PTFE spring energised seals are the perfect choice in applications where aggressive media or fire resistant micro emulsions are the media to be sealed. PTFE spring energised seals will also deliver low frictional characteristics at elevated pressures allowing designers the opportunity to make systems more compact, efficient and reliable.
FTL will use high performance elastomers and precision spring geometry in order to optimise a spring energised seal for the exact demands of the application.
These seals also deliver outstanding extrusion and compression characteristics.
Features and Benefits
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Broad temperature range -75⁰C to +300⁰C
- Suitable for low lube and dry running conditions
- High wear resistance of seal lip
- High pressure capability
- Anti-adhesive characteristics
- FDA approval
- Outstanding sealing efficiency
- Low friction coefficient and compression set
- Capable of sealing at high speeds, up to 15 m/s
- Universal chemical compatibility
- Good thermal resistance
- Withstands pressures above 2000 bar (back-up rings)
- Laboratory and medical equipment
- High pressure plunger pumps
- Fuel injection systems
- Machine tools
- Paint spraying equipment
- Aircraft landing gear
- Dosing systems
How can we help? Click here to View all types of Reciprocating Seals or alternatively, if you need to speak to an FTL engineer chat with us online for more details.